2023-2024 School Year opens on February 1, 2023.
Register in February (in advance of the next school year) if your student:
- will be new (all grades) to the District next Fall
Apply in February (in advance of the next school year) to be considered for priority placement for the 2023-24 school year if your student:
- would like to apply to French Immersion, Mandarin Language Arts or any of the other Secondary and Elementary Programs of Choice
- wants to attend a school other than their home school (cross-district transfer)
The following documents will be required to register:
- Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport)
- Proof of guardianship (parents’ or guardians’ as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant paper or guardianship order).
- Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student (Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, notice of decision, permanent resident card)
- Proof of residency. The parent or guardian and student must be ordinarily resident in British Columbia. Documentation must include two items, at least one being from Category A (proof of ownership of dwelling or long-term lease or rental of dwelling; legal documents indicating BC residence; parent or guardian filing income tax returns as a BC resident).
Category B items include; BC hydro bill, BC cable bill, Provincial driver’s license, provincial registration of automobile, Canadian bank accounts or credit cards.
All new students have to register online with their local school even if they wish to attend a different school or a district program.
In some circumstances, schools may require additional documentation. Parents will be contacted if this is the case.