Welcome to Kindergarten 2023 – 2024 _ Children born in 2018
Kindergarten is offered at all 41 Burnaby Elementary Schools. Families with students entering Kindergarten next Fall must complete an online preliminary registration here – starting February 1, 2023 in advance of the 2023.2024 school year. Schools will not be accepting in-person registrations at this time.
The following documents will be required to register:
- Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport)
- Proof of guardianship (parents’ or guardians’ as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant paper or guardianship order).
- Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student (Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, notice of decision, permanent resident card)
- Proof of residency. The parent or guardian and student must be ordinarily resident in British Columbia. Documentation must include two items, at least one being from Category A.
- Category A: proof of ownership of dwelling or long-term lease or rental of dwelling; legal documents indicating BC residence; parent or guardian government issued tax statement
- Category B: BC hydro bill, BC cable bill, Provincial driver’s license, provincial registration of automobile, Canadian bank accounts or credit cards.
There are many unique learning opportunities in Burnaby Schools, including elementary Programs of Choice such as French Immersion. Learn more about all of the options, including for students in high school.
INFORMATION EVENING FOR PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH DIVERSE ABILITIES AND DISABILITIES will be held on:
Thursday 9th February 2023
Burnaby Central Secondary School Library
If you have a child that will need extra support due to a medical diagnosis or other concerns, our principal would be happy to learn more about your child and make plans for supporting their success.
Looking for StrongStart? For information on this early learning program for children who are not yet in Kindergarten, please click here.
Read the District’s Early Years Plan.